Monday, January 19, 2009

50th Post!!

This post my marks my 50th update! Yay!

This post also marks my 37th week of pregnancy, which means...[drum roll please] that Christian Adam is officially FULL TERM. Which means if I were to spontaneously go into labor in the next five minutes, Dr. Hulsen would have no reason to stop it. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. I had my check-up this afternoon and I'm holding steady at a whole centimeter dilation. Boo!

Yesterday was my baby shower, thrown for me by my mother-in-law. We had a great turnout and I mostly got clothes, but I don't mind. I did get a few doubles of things and a couple of items that I didn't need, so with the money I get back from those items, hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few misc. items that were overlooked (for example, a diaper bag, a swing, more bottles, etc).

We had a bit of a crisis last week. I had Mark bring up the parts of our old crib on Thursday so that I could put it together while he was at work. Unbeknown to us, somewhere between our old duplex and moving into our new house, we lost a very important piece of the crib that would help lock the side rail into place. The company that originally made the crib is no longer in business and even if they were, we really don't have the time to order a new piece. So Mark gave me the go ahead to pick out a new crib online and we would buy it in store. Unfortunately, most of the cribs online cannot be found in the store, so I started to get a little panicky. My husband, however, is the most awesomest guy in the world and he found a very beautiful cherry crib on the Kmart website that was on sale. At first I thought it was a lost cause because it was sold-out online, but Mark called our local Kmart and they had three in stock! He picked it up that evening and we put it together after Aidan went to bed. It's gorgeous and I love it. Crisis averted!

Other than the crib drama, not much has been going on around here. I have been doing a little bit everyday to get ready for the baby. Laundry is the hardest thing for me to do because carrying the baskets up from the basement aggravates my Sciatica. I have also been reading a lot and watching old seasons of "House." I can't believe I still have three weeks before my due date. It feels like an eternity.

Oh! I did my pre-registry at Anderson on Friday. I didn't have to watch the epidural video again, which was a relief. I also sent off my papers today for my cord blood donation.

Well, it's getting late so I should jump off here and get Aidan ready for bed. Here's where how the baby is doing this week:

How your baby's growing:

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

See what your baby looks like this week.

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

0 comments: