Sunday, January 25, 2009

38 Weeks and hardly any sleep...

My growing tummy and my husband's horrible snoring are keeping me from getting the amount of sleep that I want these past couple of weeks. I used to LOVE to sleep, in fact it was my favorite thing to do. Now all I do is toss and turn and when I do eventually fall asleep, that's when Mark decides to come to bed and muck it all up with his nose noise (OMG. How can he not HEAR himself?!). It's starting to get to the point where we are arguing constantly because I tell him to roll over (he doesn't snore if he sleeps on his stomach) and he gets peeved because I've woken him up to do so. If anything ends this marriage, I'm afraid it will be the snoring. Not because of divorce, but because I will smother him with his own pillow out of aggravation.

Since I've been off of work I've done a lot around the house -- little by little. I'm definitely in the nesting stage of the pregnancy but my Sciatica has been keeping me from being able to really accomplish all the things I want to do at one time. So each day I do a little here and there. Yesterday I cleaned our bedroom from top to bottom. I haven't done that in months. I washed all of our bedding, dusted and vacuumed and put things in the basement that had been hanging around our room for far too long (such as a couple of old pieces of wood under our bed, my Knifty Knitter long loom set, and some canvas Mark brought home from work). I also packed me and Christian's bags for the hospital so should I go into spontaneous labor, I can just grab them and run (or waddle).

Mark took me shopping on Tuesday to return the baby shower items that were unneeded and I ended up getting a swing, a really nice diaper bag and some Dr. Brown's nipples for the baby bottles Crystal gifted me. The swing wasn't the one I wanted, but we really couldn't afford anything else, so it will make do for now. Honestly though, we really don't have the room for a regular size swing anyway. Yesterday I made another purchase, this time online, for the Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher. I can't wait to use it and see how it works.

Mum finally gifted me my crib bedding set. She said she had a "feeling" that I was going to go into labor and didn't want to wait any longer (unfortunately, her feeling wasn't correct). Friday morning I went over to her house to pick it up and by that afternoon, the crib was finally set up. I love it! The dinosaurs are so cute and the colors match perfectly with our new crib. My sister couldn't believe it that we only paid $96 for the crib! I went out and got the matching mobile and receiving blankets that same day.

I really feel like I'm totally ready for the baby to come now. I've washed and sterilized all of the bottles and nipples, I have a couple packs of newborn diapers to last us for a couple of days, a couple cans of formula (they same type they use at the hospital), all the baby's clothes are washed and put away and like I said before, our bags are packed. Now it's just the horrible old waiting game. I've never gone into spontaneous labor before and to be honest, I'm terrified of it. If I'm at home when it happens, that's just great but I have this fear of being in the middle of Walmart and suddenly it happens. Now I know enough to know better and to know that when you go into spontaneous labor, the pain comes on gradually (unlike being induced) and when your water breaks, it isn't like it is in the movies, but it's still scary to me because of the unknown factor.

Tomorrow is my 38 week check-up with Dr. Hulsen. I'm hoping that doing so much shopping (and walking around) this week kind of helped out in the dilation area. Unfortunately I just have this sinking feeling that when he checks me tomorrow I'll still be at one measly centimeter. Bah!

***

Anywho, here is how the baby is developing this week. I only have three more updates via BabyCenter to post so this baby better come before then! :o) Maybe my next post will be from my hospital bed! A girl can wish, can't she?

How your baby's growing:

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

See what your baby looks like this week.

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

0 comments: