Monday, February 2, 2009

Finally!

I have reached the final frontier -- even though I'm just five days shy of my actual due date, Dr. Hulsen has given me the green light to be induced. So tomorrow morning, Mark and I will wake up insanely early (for us, nowadays, anyway) and head to the Women's Pavilion to start my induction at 7:30am. Dr. Hulsen is going to break my water and then start me on the Pitosin. I'm hoping that by tomorrow evening I will be holding my new little one, but you never know what'll happen. I could end up with a 24 hour labor like my step-sister. O_o But if the Pitosin works even half as well as it did with Aidan, then I'll have my baby in no time.

I am excited and terrified all at once. I'm glad to be finished with the pregnancy but terrified of what is to come. Labor sucks, no doubt about it, and each delivery is different so one cannot predict the outcome. I just hope everything goes smoothly.

I have a bit of a headache so I'm going to close for now. But I'll leave you with the last of my BabyCenter updates:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

See what your baby looks like this week.

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

0 comments: