Monday, October 20, 2008

24 weeks!

I've been feeling really sore lately. I guess it's just my tummy muscles stretching, but at the same time I can't distinguish if maybe I'm having Braxton Hicks, which sometimes start around now. Sometimes I feel just plain sore, and other times I feel really crampy. Nothing feels abnormal enough for me to alert my doctor though, so I'm just taking it all in stride.

Yesterday was my step-sister's baby shower and it really got me in the mood to have one of my own. :oP Even though I don't have anything for the baby yet, I still feel way more prepared this time around, maybe that's because I know what to expect both labor-wise and what I'll need item-wise. You should have seen my sister's face when me and another gal were trying to explain the different types of diapers to her and which ones were our favorites (the girl and I both agreed that we love Pampers). She looked like she was about to have a panic attack. I told her to just try every brand and stick with what works best for her. I know (like I said) that I love the Pampers, however, for the longest time my sister Amber didn't mind using the cheapy Wal-Mart "Parents Choice" kind for her kids. Eventually she switched to Huggies, because the cheap ones leaked too much. Me personally? I can't stand Huggies.They're overpriced and I've never had good luck with them. I don't like the tabs on them and they run larger than regular diapers so it's hard to gauge which ones to get.

But yeah, my step-sister got a lot of really cute stuff (mostly clothes and mostly pink) which made me want to go shopping! :oP

Tomorrow is my monthly check-up but this time I'll be seeing the other doctor at my OB office, Dr. Dalla Riva. He's actually the doctor I initially wanted to see but I didn't think he took my insurance. :oP Dr. Hulsen is out of town and he wanted me to see Dr. Dalla Riva anyway in the even that I have Christian on a weekend in which he's not on-call. Allison loves him so I'm sure I will too.

So here's where I stand for this week:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

See what your baby looks like this week. (Or see what fraternal twins look like in the womb this week.)Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb.

Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

Well, it's back to work for me. Ug. I hate Monday's. Working 10 hours is so exhausting!!

0 comments: