Monday, November 3, 2008

*snore*

I'm a little out of it this morning. I was feeling really nauseous so I took a pill and it has knocked me flat. All I really want to do is go to sleep. For now I'm just sitting at my desk, feeling like a zombie because there isn't much else I can do. :oP

I'm 26 weeks today and according to the Baby Gaga website this is my last week before my third trimester, however according to What to Expect When You're Expecting, I will be in my third trimester in 2 weeks. *sigh* Everyone has a different opinion apparently!! I think I'll just go along with Baby Gaga because I'm sooo ready to be further along in my pregnancy!

Thursday afternoon I bought Christian his first outfit, a pair of footie pajama's and some socks. They're so cute! I finally told Mark that I didn't care what he or his mum thought, I felt it was high time I did some baby shopping!! I just don't remember clothes being so expensive, even for Wal-Mart. That's the sign of the times, I guess.

I also had to go out and by more clothes for myself. I couldn't fit into the jeans I had just bought a month or so ago anymore. O_o They were too tight around the butt/thighs area and one of the pairs I bought started tearing where the belly band meets the jeans part. *sigh* I hope I don't get any bigger otherwise I'll be going into the extra-large's and that would really depress me.

I'm so excited that November is here because now I can start planning my Thanksgiving dinner!! Mark and I made our first turkey together last year and it was a lot of fun. I am super excited for this holiday season. I'm going to try to make the most of it. I just wish the weather would cooperate. 74 degree weather in November is just not cool in my book, unless you live in Hawaii.

Well, I think I'm going to take a bit of a nap before breaktime ends so here's where I am this week:

How your baby's growing:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

See what your baby looks like this week.

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

0 comments: