Wednesday, November 26, 2008

T-minus 11 weeks and counting...

I am halfway through my 29th week and I can't believe that I have roughly 11 weeks left of this pregnancy. It seems like such a long ways away, but then again with Thanksgiving tomorrow and Christmas in less than a month, I'm sure the time will fly by pretty fast.

As much as I'd like to say that we're ready for Christian, we are so totally NOT. Other than updating our registry and talking a couple of times with Mark's mum and aunt in regards to a baby shower, we really haven't done much in paving the way for child number two. It's not that he's unwanted by any means -- I am ecstatic to be a mommy again. We have just been, well, lazy.

We are so ready for Christmas though! We put up our Christmas tree on Monday night because Aidan was at Mum's and Mark was home, so it seemed like a good time. Usually I put up the tree by myself the day after Thanksgiving, but I didn't know if I'd have the energy to put together a 7 1/2 foot tall tree this year. It was so nice to decorate it with Mark though, after two years of doing it by myself. :o)

We had Aidan's Christmas pictures taken on Monday as well. Thanks to Portrait Innovations we were able to get the prints the same day, so I'm half-way finished addressing my Christmas cards. If all goes well, I will be mailing them on December 1st, which will be a new record for me!

We've talked amongst ourselves about gifts for the family and whatnot, but we really haven't nailed down our Christmas list yet. Mark and I have both been making Amazon Wish Lists for each other, but even that was hard for me. Other than a few books and the most awesome pair of jammies known to man, I don't really have a deep want for the things on my list. :oP Don't get me wrong, everything would be nice to have, but I'm not like dying to have any of the items.

Well, I need to get back to work. It's our last day until the 1st. w00t!! Until next week, here is how Christian is doing:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

See what your baby looks like this week.

0 comments: