Saturday, December 6, 2008

A late update.

I'm 30 weeks and will be 31 tomorrow so this update is coming a little late. My health has been suffering since Thanksgiving which is my reason for my lack of blogging. Ever since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I have had the worst cluster of headaches. I was actually hospitalized overnight (again) and left Anderson with not much more knowledge about what was wrong with me than I did going in. According to my OB and neurologist, I am suffering from pregnancy-related migraine headaches, but according to my regular doctor I have a really bad case of sinusitis. So I have lots of Hydrocodone for the pain (which doesn't really do anything except make me sleepy) and I've been on antibiotics since this past Wednesday. And guess what? I'm still suffering. I wish they could just cut off my head!

Regardless of my health, though, Christian is doing just fine. He's apparently way more healthier than I am, which makes me incredibly happy. I just wish I felt well enough to enjoy it. I haven't been to work since before Thanksgiving and I'm starting to go a little stir crazy, but I really can't do a job where I stare at a computer for 8 to 10 hours per day when my head is pounding. I can take small intervals (such as right now) but after 30 minutes, I need a break. Most of the time, if I take a nap I feel okay for awhile afterwards, but eventually the headaches come back. *sigh*

It sucks because money is going to be extremely tight now and it's Christmastime, which makes it all more depressing. Mark and I have a little nest egg set aside for gifts, but we were planning on splurging it on us and using our regular money on our family. Now it looks like our nest egg will go mostly towards the family, which I really am okay with. Mark is a little sad about it though. Oh well. It's not about receiving anyway, it's about giving.

I'm also freaking out because we literally have like zero room in our house for an extra person. Mark wants to keep Christian in our room, which I was okay with when I thought it was just for a few months. Apparently he wants Christian in our room for like the first year, which means I have to figure out how to squeeze a crib in somewhere and I have no clue how I'm going to do this. I still have like nothing for the baby, with the exception of some of Zeke and Aidan's old clothes that I picked up from Amber's house. I am literally almost at my wits end. I was hoping to obtain some of the baby stuff at Christmastime, but Mark's family isn't planning on buying gifts for Christian until the baby shower, so hopefully my family comes through!!!

But anyway, here is where Christian is this week:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

See what your baby looks like this week.

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

And here is where Christian will be tomorrow (because I have no clue when I'll jump back on Blogger this week):

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

See what your baby looks like this week.

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

0 comments: