Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back to work!

I hope everyone had a very Happy Christmas (I'm saying "happy now" instead of "merry" because I'm trying to be cool like the English people *grin*). Ours was great but there were it's moments of family drama which sucks, but it happens whether you want it to or not. Aidan had a great time and loved all of his gifts. Christmas was awesome for him this year because it was the first year he REALLY understood everything that was happening. He opened almost all of his presents without help and I loved the look on his face when he got something he truly wanted. There were so many wow's. It was adorable.

Christian didn't recieve much in the way of Christmas gifts. He got a book from his Aunt Amber, Uncle Andy, and his cousins Zeke and Olivia and a Snugli from his Aunt Crystal, Uncle Nick and cousin Chelsie. I'm really looking forward to using the Snugli. I asked for one when I was pregnant with Aidan but no one ever got it for me. :o) Mark's family took bets on how much Christian is going to weigh when we were together on Christmas Eve. I think I had the smallest weight with 7 pounds even and Dallas guessed way over 8 pounds. Everyone else guessed in the mid-7 pound range. That was really fun, to get the family involved.

I am 34 weeks today and really feeling it. I've been feeling out of breath more and more lately and I hate that, plus my vaginal muscles and back have been killing me. 6 more weeks! That's kind of exciting and frightening all at the same time!

Here's how the little one is doing...I have to get back to work now. We're working Sunday thru Wednesday so that I can have a four day weekend this week. Then it's back to the old work schedule, at least until the end of January. :o)

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

See what your baby looks like this week.

0 comments: