Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's almost Christmas!!

It's after 7am on a Sunday and I'm at work. I'm scheduled to work Sunday thru Wednesday from 5 to 1:30 everyday so that I may have Thursday, Friday and Saturday off. I'll be back at work next Sunday as well so that I may have a four day weekend after the New Year. It sucks having to get out of bed when my husband gets to stay home but having those few days off in a row pretty much makes up for it.

Today I am 33 weeks along and I'm feeling very pregnant even though people are still trying to convince me that I'm not "that big." I find myself getting tired easily and even my maternity clothes are starting to feel a bit snug on me. Only 7 more weeks and Christian will be here. That feels like no time at all, actually.

I'm so happy that Christmas is just 4 days away! I can't wait to see the kids faces when they open their presents, especially Aidan's. He's just going to be blown away by what we got for him. I also can't wait to open my presents either!! :o)

Tonight is the CheapTRX Christmas party and I'm looking forward to it, but not looking forward to having to go home early because of work tomorrow. Hopefully I'm not too tired!!

I also have my monthly check-up with Dr. Hulsen tomorrow. After this one, I believe I start seeing him either weekly or bi-weekly. O_o

And now I must return to work but here is how the little baby is this week:

How your baby's growing:

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

See what your baby looks like this week.

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

0 comments: