Friday, August 22, 2008

A good day...hopefully!

I woke up this morning in an extremely good mood which is rare for me. I AM a morning person but I usually feel the worst in the morning, not because of morning sickness (anymore) but because lately I have been accumulating an abudance of gross, thick phelgm in my throat which makes me feel like crap (my doctor chalks it up to allergies). I still had a bit this morning, but for whatever reason I haven't been letting it get me down. I think I'm just happy that it's Friday and I only have to work until 11:30am. :o)

It's days like today that make me realize that being in a bad mood is counter-productive to living a happy/healthy life. It's so hard though, especially when you don't feel the greatest, to put a smile on your face. Yesterday Mark's mum told me that when Aidan pouts he looks just like me and it got me thinking, "Do I really not smile enough?" I probably don't. I'm a chronic complainer and I've driven my family and friends crazy with my constant pregnancy complaints.

I want to start trying to see the bright side of things, especially the pregnancy. Yes, the next couple of months are still going to suck no matter how you look at them, but in the end I'll have my very own baby to cuddle, kiss and make funny songs up for, just like I did when Aidan was little. Aidan will have his own brother/sister, Mark will have his first (genetic) child. Those are GOOD things. All this suffering will be worth it!

I hope anyway! :oP

Today is the day I meet my new OB, Dr. Hulsen. I hope I like him, especially after what I went through with Dr. Midkiff and Dr. Bryan. Mark has to work today so he won't be able to attend the appointment with me so his mum is going in his place. I had to go to almost every single OB appointment by myself when I was pregnant with Aidan and I refuse to do so this time around. It's lonely.

Like I said earlier, physically I feel ok with the exception of the phlegm. I had a back spasm earlier this morning but overall that feels ok too. Last night I had the worst case of gas ever -- I could pass wind or burp or anything so my stomach felt like a rock. It hurt really bad. Finally I was able to get it up and out. I think it was the 3 burritos I had for lunch. Yes, 3. They were sooo good and I was sooo hungry. I'm not sure if all the gas afterwards was worth it though.

Well, today is my boss's birthday and we're gathering to present her with her gift, a $70 gift certificate to Bath & Body Works, so I better jump off here. I'll update more after my appointment!!

0 comments: