Thursday, August 21, 2008

Readers!

I found out today that I actually have people reading my blog! Yay for friends! Now I actually feel like updating whereas before I was just doing it to be doing it, if that makes sense.

In my last post I mentioned something I had been wanting to write about and right before breaktime, the issue came up again so obviously I have to vent!!

One of the things I hate the most about being pregnant is UNWANTED ADVICE. Now, some advice is ok, but most of it is just annoying especially since this is baby number 2 for me and I've been through this before. Twice already I've had people make comments about my diet. I will admit, I am not the healthiest eater. In fact, before my pregnancy I never even ate breakfast. I make a point of having a beverage (usually water or tea) and a couple of granola bars and/or oatmeal now. However, a few weeks ago, when I was still having morning sickness on a regular basis, I would eat whatever sounded good to me and I felt I could keep down. One day it was Diet Pepsi. I actually had someone say, "You can't drink that!!" Um, yes I can! I can have up to a certain amount of caffeine per day and having one Diet Pepsi isn't going to make my baby brain damaged.

This morning I had another lady comment on the fact that I'm eating too much sugar because I was drinking a generic Capri Sun and finishing off the rest of a 3 Musketeers bar (I know it's only 9-something am, but it sounded good!). If she had seen me two hours ago when I downed my oatmeal then maybe she'd shut her face. Ug!!

Two days ago, another co-worker scolded me for not having Aidan potty-trained yet when her granddaughter (who is younger than Aidan) can now wear regular panties without having an accident. Aidan JUST turned 3. He's not interested in the potty. We've tried and all the books I've read and people I've talked to have told me not to push him, because it will only frustrate him and us. Everyday I talk to Aidan about using the potty and everyday he can't be bothered, however he IS making progress. For example, he's starting to take his pants off when he's wet. That's a good sign. I don't need people telling me how to raise my kids.

And then there's the woman at work who constantly reminds me of "things to come." Like if she asks me how I'm feeling and I say, "Oh tired," and she'll be like, "Oh well it's going to get worse."
REALLY? Wow. Thankyouverymuch because I had no clue that being pregnant would make me tired. She said the same thing to me when I said I was sore. Are you kidding me?!

Well, I have much more to say but breaktime is up! :o)

0 comments: