Monday, August 25, 2008

Just another Monday, but not a manic one.

I really hate Monday's but I'm sure if there wasn't such a thing as "Monday's" I would hate Tuesday's then. It's just tough getting up after sleeping in for two days. I'm almost considering keeping my regular schedule even on the weekends, but I can't honestly fathom getting up at 3:30am on a Saturday. Mark would kill me if I woke Aidan up. :oP

I really hate Monday's however this Monday has been a landmark in my pregnancy -- I felt the baby move for the first time around 5:15 this morning! Actually, while lying in bed last night I thought I might have felt he/she move but I know for sure he/she was active this morning. Just hopping and bopping around for a good half-an-hour. It's such a neat feeling!! :o)

My burned finger is so much better now. I tried to stay away from typing at all this past weekend because it hurt. So now I can use the 10 minutes left in my break to update on my doctor's appointment.

First off - I LOVE my new doctor. He's so nice and really took the time to get to know me. I never once felt rushed by him. I also like a doc who gives you refills on your anti-nausea medication no questions asked. ;o) The first thing I told Dr. Hulsen was that Aidan was two weeks late and he assured me he that he would NOT let that happen this time around. Thank God. You know, I've always felt that the only reason why Dr. Midkiff didn't induce me sooner was because she was going on vacation. Doctor's always seem to be doing shady stuff like that. Like I've heard stories about women being pushed into C-sections because they're doctor's were wanting to go home and whatnot. Sooo not right.

Anywho, my doctor's office is awesome because they do their own ultrasounds, including 3D/4D ones. They also have a lab in their office so I didn't have to go to MDL or Quest Diagnostics to get my blood drawn. That's so nice and convienent.

My next ultrasound (like I said before) is scheduled for September 22nd. The office also gives you a complimentary DVD of your session. How cool is that?! I think I really got lucky with Dr. Hulsen. We also did a blood draw for my quad screen, which checks for neural tube defects, Spinabifida, and Downs Syndrome. While it can't diagnose the baby with these things, it can tell me if it's high risk. I wasn't high risk with Aidan however each pregnancy is different, so I am hoping everything turns out just fine. I'm sure it will.

I guess that's about it. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which was normal. :o) Not too much else to report! It seems like there was so much more to tell Friday afternoon. I've probably forgotten some details. :oP

Oh and duh, I'm 16 weeks today!!

How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

See what your baby looks like this week. (Or see what fraternal twins look like in the womb this week.)Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb.

Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

0 comments: