Monday, September 15, 2008

19 weeks! One more week to go!!

One more week until the gender ultrasound! *squee* I can't wait and my patience is running exceptionally thin since the other gal at work who's pregnant (and a week ahead of me) found out that she's having a boy. I just wanna know!!

Here's where the baby is at physically:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

See what your baby looks like this week.

What's funny is that if you click on the "what your baby looks like" link, the baby looks like a pretzel! He/she must be feeling uncomfortable because I'm really not all that big so he/she doesn't have a lot of room. :oP Poor widdle guy!

Yesterday was like the worst day in creation at our house. We tried starting the whole potty-training thing with Aidan again but it just blew up in our faces. We're now, more than ever, convinced that he's just not ready. We even tried to buy him a potty chair that made noises to get him excited but Aidan just doesn't care. And he's TERRIFIED of being on the toilet, with or without potty chair seat. I don't know what brought that on. It's like someone tried to drown him in a commode in a former life.

It's so frustrating for us as parents because I feel like everyone is jugding my ability to be a good parent based on whether or not Aidan is potty-trained. I also feel like every minute Aidan isn't in preschool, I'm denying him of a valuable education experience. I do have to admit that I, myself, did not attend preschool and I turned out just fine. But who knows what they expect of kindergarteners nowadays.

We realized that Aidan knows some of his alphabet, which I think is pretty good! I'm trying to get him to learn his colors but right now the only color he's absolutely sure of is orange. He can spot orange from a mile away. I'll just have to teach him whatever preschool teachers can teach him at home. I'm sure I could do it. It just takes patience and time.

Well I have to get back to work. I hate Monday's. They're the worst!!

0 comments: