Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bah.

I haven't really been feeling like myself (again) lately. I felt like I was finally dragging myself out of the depression I had been in, but then Thursday it seemed to rear it's head again. I'm not sure why. But honestly, I hate feeling like this. I just hate EVERYTHING right now and that's not a nice way to live. *sigh* I, however, DO NOT want to do the medication route. What happened with the Lexapro was really scary. I just need to figure out how to deal with this myself. After all, I only have a few more months left until the baby is born. Then I'll medicate the hell out of myself if I have to.

One thing that goes along with my depression that I hate is my lack of energy and/or motivation to do anything. Our house was pretty much a disaster area when Mark came home from work last night. I could tell he was really aggravated with me and I really didn't care. He cautiously asked me what I had done that day, trying to make it sound like he was interested in my activities when really he was just trying to see if I had accomplished anything chore-wise. And I called him out on it. The problem with me is you can't guilt trip me into doing anything, however you can piss me off enough that I'll accomplish it then. And that's exactly what Mark did, although I can't give him credit enough to say that that's what he was hoping for.

So today I got almost all of the laundry done, including washing our bedsheets. I swear I'm going to stop letting Aidan drink juice in our bed. He's ruining our beautiful white and baby blue bedspread. *sigh* Easier said than done, though.

On the pregnancy side of my life, I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow. I wish I could be more excited about that, but I seem to be a bit indifferent right now. You can see all of the ultrasound photos at my Flickr site, HERE.

Christian is moving around A LOT now and my morning sickness (if you can call it that) had me taking the Reglan just about every 6 hours on command Friday. *sigh* I wouldn't mind it so much except it makes me so sleepy that I can barely function. :o/ I guess you take the good with the bad.

And since I probably won't feel like getting around to it this week:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

See what your baby looks like this week.

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

I guess that's about it for now. I'm sorry that this post isn't more upbeat and cheery. Next time I'll try to liven things up a bit more. :oP

0 comments: