Friday, September 19, 2008

Sickly.

I've been out sick since Tuesday afternoon. First off -- I went to the OB Tuesday because I have been suffering from a bout of depression for a few weeks. I tried to convince myself that I could deal with it on my own but after spending a few days in a black hole, I decided to talk to Dr. Hulsen about having some medicinal help. They squeezed me in for an early afternoon appointment and I found out that I have gained 3 pounds since my last visit and my Quad screen came back negative (yay!). Dr. Hulsen decided to put me on Lexapro since I've been on it before and it worked wonders.

Tuesday night I went home, ate dinner and then took the Lexapro. Within a couple of hours, I was awake and burning up. If you took my temperature it was no more than 98 degrees but I felt like my entire body was on fire and I was so nauseous that I could barely talk or walk. My stomach was in knots. Mark and I thought that it could possibly have to do with the medication but I hadn't had any problems before, so we chalked it up to food poisoning (I had tuna early on in the day).

Wednesday I stayed home from work because I was still feeling really unsettled. The depression was worsened by the fact that I stayed home by myself (it was Aidan's day to spend the night at his Nanny's house). I tried to keep myself busy by doing the laundry and whatnot but it was super hard.

Wednesday night I took another dose of the Lexapro and again, within a few hours I had the same symptoms as the night before only this time it was accompanied by the shakes and diarrehea. Not good. I couldn't cool myself down for more than a hour. I decided then and there to quit taking the medicine.

I called Dr. Hulsen's office Wednesday day and left a message so on Thursday I called them again and got the run around. To this moment, no one has ever returned my call. I feel so important.

I didn't take the Lexapro last night and had a pretty good night's sleep. So I know it was the medicine that was making me sick. I'm now really hesitant to take anything for the depression. I mean, wouldn't you feel the same way?

I'm back at work today. Blah. I hope the day goes by quickly. Tomorrow is the Italian Fest and Aidan is marching in the Children's Parade with his day care. I'm excited for him. I'll be marching as well, just to make sure he's ok. :o)

Only four more days until my ultrasound! Wee!!

1 comments:

Randi Marie said...

Yeah on the ultrasound a few days away. Sorry about the lexapro issues. That stinks!! I hope they find out something that helps you. I told Doug we need to have you over for dinner which he said we will once we get furniture because he doesn't know where we would let you sit :)Until then we are thinking of you and hoping everything is good!