Friday, September 12, 2008

Long awaited update...I suppose.

I said a few days ago that I would post something longer but I've been super lazy and just never got around to it. You see, Allison has been reading the Twilight series and got me hooked again. I say "again" because I read the first book and decided I was going to read the rest, but never really got around to it. Once Allison was finished with her copies of New Moon and Eclipse, I snagged them for myself and have spent the past couple of nights, curled up on our bed indulging in Edward Cullen (screw Bella and all the other characters, I only read for one person in that book and it's my love, Edward). I had planned on coming straight home from work and picking up in Eclipse right where I left off, but my wonderful husband bought me a copy of "Beyond Good and Evil" for Playstation 2 (old skool, baby!) and I felt awful that it had been sitting by our TV for two days and I never even unwrapped it. So I started playing that until I realized that I had to pick Aidan up from day care. And even after we got back, I couldn't tear myself away.

Eventually, though, baby #2 reminded me that I had to eat so I figured I'd check my email while downing some chicken fries. And one thing lead to another and now I'm here, updating (which reminds me, I need to call my sister back...I almost forgot!).

Not much has been going on except the baby has made me quick sick lately. As in gag and puke sick. I've had to take Reglan every day this week, with the exception of today (yay!) and I've generally felt like ass. I can't believe I still have four more months of this. Please, baby, do me a favor and just love on your mom for awhile instead of making her feel ill. I sure would appreciate it!! And I know Daddy would appreciate it too!!

I've been perusing Target online for a couple of days and actually created a registry but there is nothing exciting on there right now -- just some Dr. Brown's bottles, a bottle warmer, a sterilizer and a double stoller to name a few. I feel like I can't even pick out what kind of swing I want to get until I know the gender of the baby. I almost registered for a green crib set, thinking the green would be perfect for a boy or a girl, but it's almost too girly. See? I thought about putting the ladybug crib set on the registry for now and then changing it later, but I felt like then I'd be jinxing myself. I think I've about decided to give up until after the 22nd. Shopping is becoming more of a pain than actually being fun.

One thing I love though is the fact that I actually know what I need now, unlike before when I just kind of wandered around Babies R Us and pointed the registry gun at anything and everything. Like I know that wipe warmers are a waste of money. I mean, seriously, your baby does not care if his/her butt wipe is warm. That almost seems dirty to me. I'm trying to think of other things that seem frivilous to me but the wipe warmer is the only thing I can come up with. Oh, well you don't really need a high chair until the baby is old enough to be fed food. So if you don't have one, wait a bit. The baby won't be able to hold it's head up or sit up enough to use it anyway.

I do have to recommend the Bumbo seat though. I LOVED my Bumbo seat (which my neice Olivia uses now, but I'm getting it back ASAP). It's definitely worth the money. I know Wal-Mart sells like faux-Bumbo seats and I dunno how well they work. I would just say spend the extra dough and buy the original Bumbo. They have them at both Wal-Mart and Target. Definitely a great investment. AND a swing. Aidan loved the crap out of his swing.

I guess that's about it for now. I can't think of much more to say. Aidan kissed my tummy the other day when I asked him to give the baby a kiss. It was the cutest thing EVER. :o)

Ta-ta, for now!

0 comments: