Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wishing for Friday already!

Even though I've only been back at work 2 days now, I still wish it were Friday! My job has become very tedious to me, as of late, but really there is nothing I can do until Baby #2 rears its head. Until then, I just have to grin and bear it and try not to fall asleep at my desk!

I am a little over 17 weeks along now! 3 more weeks until the gender ultrasound! Yay! I'm still having morning sickness here and there (I gagged in the shower this morning...ew!) but I do have more energy than I did before.

Here's what Baby Center had to say:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's
skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

See
what your baby looks like this week.

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.


***

The biggest news right now is John McCain's choice for VP Sarah Palin. Now usually I wouldn't mention political issues in a pregnancy blog, but the spotlight on her just so happens to be shining brightly just because her 17 year old daughter is pregnant.

You know what I say to that? BIG DEAL. It's been proven that teenage pregnancy is up. There was that whole school back east who had a ton of pregnant teeny-boppers roaming around, claiming they made a pact to raise their kids together. Why is everyone so surprised? Shit happens, even to politicians and their families.

A lot of people are making a huge issue out of it because Palin is a Conservative Republican who is aganist abortion and apparently sex education in school. She would rather teach abstinance. Wouldn't all mothers? I don't even want to THINK about Aidan having sex and I'd rather him just not do it, but you can't think like that.

Nevertheless, I'm sure Bristol does not hold the same opinions as her right wing mother and therefore obviously did not engage in abstinance. It's not her mother's fault, it's not her father's fault. Teenagers are reckless with their bodies, their minds, everything. And I think it's pretty shitty that people are trying to blame Palin and her husband.

No one forced Bristol into having sex with her boyfriend. That was a choice they made together as well as making the choice to have unprotected sex. No amount of condoms shoved in a teenagers face is going to make a difference. And I know from experience. I didn't have a teenage pregnancy but when I was younger, my boyfriends and I rarely used protection. Why? Because condoms suck, to be honest. But I never really had any pregnancy scares either to change my mind.

Sheesh. I just hate it when the media (and crazy liberals) pick on people like that. Especially mother's.

At least Bristol is having the child and didn't go off and have an abortion! And she's getting married to her boyfriend. What else does the media want? Ug.

I'm going back to work now. *sigh*

1 comments:

Randi Marie said...

3 weeks until your us! Our doc does it at 18 weeks I suppose every doc is different though.