Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The verdict is in...

...and thanks to the wonders of the modern age, we can now cofirm that Baby #2 is, in fact, a BOY!!

Mark and I are so excited, but I think I am moreso than Mark. Even though I've seen half a dozen ultrasounds before, I am still in awe whenever I see my little baby bumping around inside my body. He truly is a little miracle.

Physically the baby is great. He has ten fingers, ten toes, all his boy parts, and his brain and heart are developing the way that they should. His kidney's, stomach, and spine look great (according to Dr. Hulsen) as well. It's such a relief to know that he's doing okay.

And we've settled on a name -- Christian Adam. He will be a Christian and not a Chris for sure. Although nicknames are fine for other people's kids, I prefer my children to be known by their full name. Of course, there really isn't a way to shorten Aidan but I really want people to call Christian by his full name (you may omit the middle name, of course!).

I've been feverishly looking through the Target and Wal-Mart websites for crib sets and I've found a few I've liked, especially on the Target site, but I really can fathom paying $180.00 for bedding. I don't even spend that much money on myself!! And I don't expect to have anyone else buy it for me either. That's just plain ridiculous.

We told Aidan last night that he's going to have a little brother but I still don't think it clicks. When we were watching the DVD at Mark's parents house, all he knew was that "Mommy's baby" was on the TV. :oP

Well I have five full minutes to peruse baby stuff, so I'm off!! I'll post pictures of the ultrasound tonight.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Hurrah! :) This means I'm about 80% done with Christian's afghan! :)